Microsoft conducted a survey with more than 3,000 small businesses in 13 countries and their study revealed that the use of the cloud by small businesses will double in the next five years, with other reports saying the more than 20 percent of small businesses using the cloud will triple in the next three years. In addition, micro businesses use of the cloud will triple in the next two years.
The Microsoft survey identified five major reasons small businesses are going into the cloud:
1. Cost savings versus traditional premise based solutions that involves large upfront expense especially if the need involves large enterprise grade systems.
2. Increased access through mobility and convenience of anytime, anywhere computing.
3. Greater security is top of mind of small businesses where the thinking is that their data is secure in the cloud as it is in premise based systems.
4. Unlimited storage without investing in more hardware and software.
5. Getting more not only of the best apps but those that provide enterprise grade versions and are free of use.
Forty percent of small businesses today use at least one cloud based business application, including customer contact applications like which is free to use but brings the power of a large call center solution to the small business owner.
Source: Customer Think Blog
Photo by laurajo at Flickr.com